Tuesday, October 21, 2008

J A M A I C A 2008



What a fun trip!! We got to go to Jamaica for a week. Colors On Parade (Brad's work) work celebrated their 2oth anniversary by having the National Convention in Jamaica. We stayed at Iberostar Resort (or small city) in Montego Bay. We have never stayed in such a nice place, every need was met. It was beautiful and the people were so friendly.

We loved the language and got the hang of it pretty quick. Ya-man is said instead of yeah or yes. No problems in Jamaica- just situations! The Jamaicans drop so many words from English and talk so fast it has become a kind of language. They take whole sentences and break it down to a small phrase. It's very interesting to listen too. It reminded me of how Southerner's drop letters and change the sounds of vowels.

We did so many things while we were in Jamaica - man. We went snorkeling, wind surfing, swam with dolphins (wouldn't let you take pictures, had to buy the ones they took $$),zip lined in the mountain jungle, and climbed Dunn River Falls. We also shopped or haggled for souvenirs, cruised the Bay on a catamaran, went to Margaritta-ville, ate tons of food at the buffet and drank many pina-colada and strawberry daiquiri drinks(virgin of course).

I think we all would agree that swimming with the dolphins and riding them was the highlight a once of a life-time thing for us. It was so neat to pet them which they love, they close their eyes like cats do when you pet them. They are so soft and sleek. They fully trust people because of their trainers and good experiences they have had. They are an amazing animal.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Great pictures!! Glad your all home safe and sound. Now the kids can show off their tans, woohoo!!

kellibattraw said...

Wow- what fun! I'm sure those are memories of a life time!

meghannamarie said...

That is so awesome! It looked like so much fun. The pictures are great and are so pretty!

Rebecca said...

LUCKY!!!! GOSH!!! Brings back great memories of my mission. I had the opportunity to teach a lot of people from Jamaica mon'.

The Carpenters said...

It sounds like you guys had a great time! What a fun opportunity! I'm sure it was fun to be spoiled for a while :)

Lacey said...

Sweeeet! That looks like a blast! I loved all of the pics! Beautiful!

The Trees said...

So Fun! I would love to visit Jamaica. I love all the pictures, its beautiful there!
By the way, we had to postpone Ellie's surgery til Nov. 5th because she caught a cold the day before her surgery. Thanks for all your prayers!

Horner Family said...

Looks like you guys had a great trip!! That is so fun! I'm so glad you got to go as a family! Loved the pictures!